Welcome to Canada's Professional Organization for Stroke Physicians, the Canadian Stroke Consortium! We are dedicated to your interests as stroke physicians!
Through a motion and vote by our membership, we have formally established CSC as a professional organization. With this commitment, we aim to provide our members with resources and focused activities that enrich your work life by:
1. Growing your knowledge base through exclusive on-line resources and CME opportunities developed specifically to meet your educational needs.
2. Providing networking opportunities through conference gatherings, annual meetings and committee work.
3. Providing job and career growth opportunities matching individual passion/interests within the stroke landscape for the betterment of stroke in Canada.
4. Fostering increased capacity and capability for Canadian clinical research in stroke by:
- Investing in the professional development of early career stroke researchers through funding and mentoring support.
- Investing funds to enhance clinical trial infrastructure at Canadian sites.
- Facilitating clinical trial participation through centralized trial protocol reviews and budgeting negotiations.
- Providing professional resources and development opportunities for clinical research coordinators.
5. Advocating to address the greatest needs/gaps within stroke care in Canada.
6. Growing membership to include all physicians with a focus on stroke care, thereby supporting enhanced connections and communication amongst our colleagues.
There are 6 Standing Committees that perform a range of activities contributing to improving stroke care in Canada. We hope that you’ll get involved in one that interests you!
With warmest regards,
Andrew Demchuk, MD FRCPC
Chair, Canadian Stroke Consortium